Tuesday, January 24, 2023
spot_img
HomeSportTyson Fury Calls Off Epic Clash With Anthony Joshua, Here is Why!

Tyson Fury Calls Off Epic Clash With Anthony Joshua, Here is Why!

Tyson Fury, the WBC heavyweight champion, has canceled his scheduled “Battle of Britain” fight with Anthony Joshua

because he claims his countryman failed to sign the contract by the deadline of Monday at 5 o’clock.

Earlier this month, Fury issued a challenge to Joshua,

indicating he will leave retirement to defend his title in December. Joshua accepted the challenge.

Joshua’s 258 Management and promoter Matchroom Boxing had said that they had “accepted all terms presented to us by Fury’s team”

but agreed to halt all communication due to the death of Queen Elizabeth.

‘Well guys, it’s official: D-Day has come and gone,’ Fury said on social media on Monday.

Tyson Fury Calls Off Epic Clash With Anthony Joshua, Here is Why!
Tyson Fury an Anthony Joshua

‘It’s gone past 5 o’clock [on] Monday, no contract has been signed. It’s officially over for Joshua. He is now out in the cold with the wolfpack. Forget about it.

‘Idiot, coward, s*** house bodybuilder. Always knew it, always knew you didn’t have the minerals to fight the Gypsy King. 

‘Regardless of what the f*** you say now, I don’t really care. Good luck with your career and your life. End of.’

In a title rematch against Ukrainian champion Oleksandr Usyk last month in Saudi Arabia, Anthony Joshua, 32, lost for the second time in a row.

He later declared his desire to fight again before the end of the year.

Frank Warren, the promoter for Fury, had expressed earlier in the day his continued belief that Anthony Joshua will honor Fury’s deadline

and accept the parameters of their megafight; nevertheless, it now appears that Fury will look for an other opponent.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -spot_img

Most Popular

Recent Comments