Another Fresh Southern Kaduna Attack, Leaves more than 22 dead (Graphic Photos)

As the country continues to battle security issues, there has been reports of fresh Southern Kaduna attacks

And close to 30persons have been feared dead after the attack which lasted all through Thursday night.

There has been scores of attacks going on in southern Kaduna for a while now

With little or no intervention from security authorities

According to reports the gunmen invaded four communities

in Zangon Kataf council area of Southern Kaduna State,

killing at least 22 persons and burning a number of buildings.

The recent attack comes despite the curfew put in place to prevent further attacks.

The victims of the August 6 Southern Kaduna attacks were mainly women and children.

The affected settlements are Apyiashyim, Atak’mawai, Kibori

and Kurmin Masara, all in Atyap chiefdom.

22 feared killed in fresh Kaduna attack (graphic photos)

An Atak’mawai resident, Irimiya Gandu, who spoke to reporters, said no fewer than 13 persons were killd.

Narrating the incident, He said the armed “herdsmen” invaded the settlement around 1a.m.

“I stepped out from our house and we could hear gunshots around Zango urban

and Apiokim Kibori villages Here in southern kaduna that were already under attack

with houses burning at around 1a.m.

“I rushed into my house and brought out my family to a safer place.

“So far, 13 persons were killd, mostly children and women.”

Also, an indigene of Apiashyim, Jonathan Ishaya, said six lives

and several homes were lost to the onslaught in his community in southern Kaduna.

“The Fulani militia invaded the community at about 11pm on Wednesday night,

shooting sporadically,” he explained.

He said help came too late, adding: “The security agencies are not here to protect us,

but to serve the interest of those attacking us.

“It rained all through the night and the attackers had unchallenged operations

from around 10pm on Wednesday, August 5, to the early hours of Thursday, August 6.

“By the time they were done, 22 corpses were recovered at about 12p.m. on Thursday,

while the search is still on. They also burnt several houses.”

Meanwhile The Southern Kaduna Peoples Union (SOKAPU), in a statement issued by its spokesman, Luka Binniyat,

condemned the onslaught,

And also contending that the casualty figure had risen to 33.

22 feared killed in fresh Southern Kaduna attack (graphic photos)

22 feared killed in fresh southern Kaduna attack (graphic photos)

22 feared killed in fresh Southern Kaduna attack (graphic photos)

22 feared killed in fresh Kaduna attack (graphic photos)